Pages

Magic of The Blue

March of this year marked my 3-year anniversary of no chemicals in my hair. While I'm very happy with the results, it's been a long road to glory, let me tell you!

My hair has always been very thick, and my coiled curls gave dear Mama a pure fit. She would work on my head for 30 minutes from start to finish, except on "time-to-wash-your-hair" days, when it took about an hour....with me pouting and fidgeting the whole time.

There were no wide-tooth combs of today in our house....we had one Ace-brand comb that I tried to break for years. When I was 11, it "mysteriously" disappeared in the Tuesday morning trash pickup. Mom seemed to grieve for that comb. I was smug and happy for a whole day.....until she purchased a new one.

So, that was my life...me and Mom tugging back and forth about my hair. The more I begged for a perm, the more she repeated her mantra: "You have nice, strong hair just like me; you don't want a permanent in your hair."

And I always replied, "Yeah, but yours doesn't get combed and braided everyday." Of course, she never heard this retort because it never actually came out of my mouth. I wasn't that dumb, even as a kid.

I hit high school, learned to take care of my own hair, but Moms still wouldn't hear of any chemicals in my hair; just the same old water and "Royal Crown" hair grease. Looking back, I didn't know how good I had it; I wanted a perm like the other girls so bad, --- and it was soooo not happening with my Mom. She finally weakened when my Dad presented me with a high school graduation "gift": a trip to the local Beauty Parlor (that was before they became "salons") in preparation for my prom.

I didn't realize it then, but that was the beginning of my hair horror story. Let's say this line together: "I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MOM".

Fast forward 20 years. Two decades of chemical relaxers, too much coloring, and too many wigs was enough for me. My hair was strong, but it wasn't THAT strong. I decided to go back to basics.

In a previous post, I gave you my recipe for my favorite home-made moisturizer; it's still a winner, but when I'm traveling, I need something more convenient. Can't you just see me at the airport with all my "mixtures and potions"? ...and having to unpack everything for TSA? (Not a good memory!)

What if I could find a hair product that was nourishing and great smelling---something that would remind me of my beloved "Royal Crown? Well...I found it.

It gets pretty cold in "the DMV" (USA/DC-MD-VA), and if you don't build up your hair's moisture level during the (humid!) Summer season, when Winter returns you will definitely suffer with excessive breakage from the frigid cold snaps that have been known to shut down entire cities.

The product is called "Blue Magic Organics Castor Oil Hair and Scalp Conditioner". And....guess what? It's made by the same company ( http://www.jstrickland.net/welcome.html ) that created Royal Crown all those years ago! I love this stuff and use it faithfully on the days I want to blow dry my hair. It's one-hundred percent natural, made with with 100% Pure Castor Oil, Shea Butter and Aloe Vera and a few other liquid herbal extracts. This castor oil conditioner really does stop breakage from Day One, and my style lasts all day....no matter how humid and muggy it is outside!

When I want switch up my routine, I use the Blue Magic Argan Oil, a leave-in conditioner that can be used daily. I actually use it to co-wash my hair, rinse, and then use MORE while twisting my hair. Each jar contains enough for me to co-wash about 4 times, along with using it daily as the leave in it's meant to be; not bad for 3 weeks worth of a great product that costs less than $4.00 a jar! After co-washing, I let my hair dry naturally, then add a little--just a little-- Blue Magic Curl Activator to define my curls.

And it's soooo soothing to the scalp and it keeps the hair pliable. While it's true that I had given up on products containing mineral oil, this one just works too good to give it up. I'll just chalk it up to "everything ain't for everybody", but these products definitely work for me.

This leave in conditioner also contains antioxidant herbs (rosemary), chamomile, and --of course--Argan Kernal Oil, which is exceptionally rich in natural tocopherols (Vitamin E), Carotenes (anti-oxidants), and it seals my hair shaft better than olive oil (which I used to swear by!), making it more resistant to high humidity.

Did I mention the smell? It is truly intoxicating! The product melts right into the hair, and the softness it leaves behind (along with the wonderful scent of Lavender), is simply heavenly. It's great for keeping my hair ends in good condition, as well as an all-purpose hairdressing. I'm also finding that the more I use Blue Magic's conditioners, the less I need to use, which probably explains while one jar lasts so long. All I know is that the products work, and have quickly become two of my favorites.

Best of all, you don't have to hunt for these products, or go broke to get them, because Walmart is way ahead of the competition and has it in stock, so check your local store.

Enjoy the videos; these ladies are REALLY excited about Blue Magic hair products!









Healthy Hair Source will keep you covered, inside and out, on safe solutions for healthy hair growth and maintenance. If you want more information on any of our topics, please submit the contact form found on this page. You can also visit us at http://tinyurl.com/HelloDolle . We do not tolerate spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Comment Here: